'How to preach Easter well?' with Simon Manchester
With Easter coming up I thought it would be good to sharpen ourselves about how we think about the exercise of proclaiming Christ that weekend. I've spoken at Easter at Village Church each week for 16 years, so I was thinking about who would I like to learn from to sharpen me.
I asked one of Australia's greatest preachers Simon Manchester to spend half an hour working through what he does as he thinks about this most important weekend.
Some of my questions are:
In your preparation how do you think about an occasional talk differently to a regular in series talk?
- How do you choose your Easter passages?
- What does preparation look like for these occasions?
- What's the goal of a Good Friday or Easter Sunday talk?
- What makes a boring / interesting Easter address?
- What else are you aiming to achieve in these meetings?
- How much are you looking for guests and how much for regular members?
- For us to let you know when we are live for 'The Pastor's Heart' write 'Simon' in the comments below.